Java’s Software Development Kit (JSD) is required to sign an APK file. If you already installed JSD, go to the second step.
Download the Java Software Development Kit (Java SDK) at Oracle’s official website
Open the Command Prompt by pressing Windows Key + R and typing in “cmd.exe” and pressing Enter on the Run window you have just opened. You can also open the Command Prompt by searching for “Command Prompt” on the start menu search bar.
On the Command Prompt, go to the JDK folder by typing in the following command:
(If you have changed the installation folder, use this same command but change the directory and version to the one you have selected during the installation of the SDK. In the example below the version is 1.8.0_172 but yours might be different so take that into account).
- Type “jarsigner” into the Command Prompt.
- If the Prompt returns a “command not found” error, please try to re-install the SDK
- If the Prompt returns a list of arguments for jarsigner, you have successfully installed Java SDK
While in the Command Prompt, type in the following command, but with the following arguments:
- jarsigner -keystore <path to the keystore file> <path to the unsigned APK> <keystore alias>
- Example: jarsigner -keystore “C:\Users\Aptoide\Signature.jks “C:\Users\Downloads\Unsigned_Test.apk” Signature
You must use the same Keystore used to sign the APK you want to submit. Signatures from this blank APK and your APK must match!
You will be asked to insert the password for your Keystore file, type it down and press enter. Your password is being inserted even if no text is shown!
If everything went right, the unsigned APK will be signed and you can now submit it
- If an error occorred, jarsigner will let you know what happened. Please, read carefully the information it returns so you can complete the process successfully.
Updated 2 days ago