For apps published on Google Play, to help you ensure they are being distributed in as many stores as possible, we suggest that you use the PSV submission method. To do this, there are 3 aspects you need to ensure:
- Package name
Every Android app has a unique application ID that looks like a Java package name, such as com.random.example. This ID, known as Package Name or App Package Name, uniquely identifies your app on the device and in Catappult.
Always make sure that you have the app package name on Catappult exactly the same as in Google Play.
- Different packages create confusion in the app stores: what is the valid package?;
- It creates confusion in the user, that may have the same game installed two times on the device;
- A single package simplifies the distribution of the game distribution leading to more users.
Your app’s signature is a way to prove ownership of your app where you sign an APK with the same signature as the app you are trying to submit.
To sign the package, please use the same signature as the package in Google Play.
- Android devices outside China come with Google Play Protect, an anti-malware system from Google;
- If there is a signature that is not known, a pop-up is shown by Play Protect creating fear in the user and reducing conversion.
The vercode number is used to determine whether one version of the APK is more recent than another, with higher numbers indicating more recent versions. This is not the version number shown to users; that number is set by the versionName setting.
The Android system uses the vercode value to protect against downgrades by preventing users from installing an APK with a lower vercode than the version currently installed on their device.
You should always make sure that the vercode in the APK on Catappult is higher than the one on Google Play.
- Google Play is shipped in most of the Android-based system mobiles outside China;
- Google Play, by default, update automatically the packages on the Android device;
- If the vercode is not higher, it will be replaced by Google Play version;
- Ensure that you benefit from Catappult's higher revenue share given to developers.
Updated 3 months ago